Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy

Blogging is hard. I forget about it. So sorry to every one who gets on to read it, and its the same thing for a month. I will try to be better. Now on a really random note. I was having a really bad day the other day. I was grumpy and nothing went right. I kept thinking poor me. Then I decided I was so sick of being such a downer. I work with this cute lady who is always happy. One day I asked her how is she always happy. She told me that every day before work she thinks of 5 different things that make her feel good. It puts her in a good mood. So I started thinking of things that make me happy. This is what I came up with.

1. Every morning Collin has to kiss me and tell me he loves me before he leaves work. Even when we are fighting and mad at each other.

2. I love getting fun stuff in the mail

3. Getting home from work and having a bag of chips and a dr. pepper.

4. Dinner at my moms on Thursday nights. Then watching the office.

5. Driving and hitting all the green lights.

6. taking a bath with collin to get my feet warm.

7. Having a really good hair day.

8. Watching AFV ( americas funniest home videos )

9. laughing so hard I cry.

10. getting lost in a good book.

11. The little marshmellows in hot chocolate.

12. goofing off.

13. When Collin cleans the house without me asking.

14. A really comfy bed.

15. finding money.

It really works to think of the good things in life. If you want to add on I love hearing what makes people happy. I also realize I am really cheesey. ha ha.

6 comments:

Tyson and Lauren Davies said...

haha i was kinda shocked when i saw that you had updated your blog! I just figured you mostly looked at blogs but thats okay too!

Gayle said...

I was so excited to see you new post. I should not talk though. I check everyone's everyday, but it takes me 2 weeks to get a new post up. So I like you , will try and be better.

The Higgs' said...

Updating is hard. Especially when you have boring lives like we do. I guess I need focus on the cute things the kids do everyday and remember them-like Hailey freezing her tongue to a frozen water bottle. Stay tuned for a future post with pics.

It is so true that the small and simple (and sometimes cheesy) things in life are what truly make us happy if we just take the time to think about them. I think that is a great philosophy to live every day by. Love you guys!

daddymommyandbabysteggell said...

Hey Whitney, I have been trying to find you for the longest time. I know we haven't talked in forever. But I hope things are going good for you. I would really love to catch up sometime.

Chanda

Unknown said...

I did not even know you had a blog! What a bad sister I am! We miss you guys. You'll have to come out and visit us in Tallahassee sometime. Or we could meet up in Orlando and go to Disney World!

Ashley Garbe Smith said...

Things that make me happy: My sister updating her blog